Now that you have Marketplace health insurance, you have more ways to take charge of your health.
Your Marketplace plan covers a long list of free preventive services for women — including mammograms, yearly well-woman doctor visits, and other screening tests. All plans also cover other health care for women, like pregnancy and childbirth.
Free preventive health care for women
- With your Marketplace coverage, you have access to several preventive services — like annual well-woman visits and genetic testing for breast cancer, if you’re at risk. These services are free when you go to a provider in the plan’s network, even before you’ve met your deductible.
- See a full list of free preventive benefits for women that your Marketplace plan covers.
- Marketplace plans must cover FDA-approved contraceptive methods — including birth control pills — as prescribed by a health care provider.
- Find out more about birth control benefits in the Marketplace.
Pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding
- Both maternity care and childbirth are covered by all Marketplace plans — even if you’re pregnant before your health coverage starts.
- Most Marketplace plans provide breastfeeding equipment and counseling for pregnant and nursing women. Your health insurance plan will cover the cost of a breast pump — either a rental or one you’ll keep, depending on your plan’s rules and provider recommendations.
- Get more information on pregnancy and breastfeeding health care for women.